Tuesday, June 03, 2014

May Bread

 
I learned to bake these in the 5th grade home economics class! I've baked them regularly ever since, and they are super easy to bake. However, I got lost in a book and forgot about them so these became a bit more golden than they were supposed to. Oops.


Here's the recipe if you'd like to try....

Poppy seeds bread
ca. 8

1 dl cold milk
50 g yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
100 g butter
300 g flour (5 dl)
1 egg + poppy seeds

1. Mix yeast and milk in a small bowl
2. Crumble butter in flour in a larger bowl
3. Mix all ingredients in the big bowl
4. Roll the dough to 20x65 cm
5. Brush the dough with a beaten egg
6. Fold the dough into three layers
7. Brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds
8. Cut into ca. 8 pieces
9. Leave for 30 minutes
10. Bake for app. 12 minutes at 220 degrees C



5 comments:

  1. Lovely bread, must I must know...what book were you lost in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just noticed the extra "must" up there. Oops. I shall look up Stoner. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankly, I wouldn't be tooo worried about what the bionic, bloated, whorizontal world thot about me, dear; I'd be much more concerned about what Jesus shall say at our General Judgment. You may not like me now, yet, I’m not out to please you, girl. Lemme wanna gonna tella youse Who (grrr - New Joisey accent):

    Greeting, earthling. Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like for us if ya believe: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most extra-blatant, catch-22-excitotoxins, guhroovaliciousnessly delicious, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Reality-Firepower-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-real-McCoy-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal: PLEASE KEEP HANDS/FEET INSIDE THE WIDE UNTIL WE MADE A CIRCUMFERENCE OF the OUTSTANDING, NEVER-ENDING, THRILLIONTH-RED-MARKER-POSSIBILITIES!!! Puh-leeeze meet me in literal Seventh-Heaven. Do that for us. Cya soon, girl…

    ReplyDelete