Friday, December 06, 2013

November Cookies


I once again like to stress that this hasn't become a baking blog, but life is busy right now, so I never seem to manage to upload images and post them. But better late than never. For the November cookies I decided to try 'broken dreams.' I couldn't resist baking cookies with a name like that. It's not as depressing as it sounds - it's just because the surface of the cookie is meant to break.

 
 
If you'd like to try them, here's the recipe:
 
Broken Dreams
(App. 35 cookies)
 
2 dl sugar
3,5 dl flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of salt
2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ dl olive oil
2 eggs
+ icing sugar
 
1. Mix all the ingredients (minus the icing sugar) into a bowl and mix.
2. Put in a bag and leave it in the refrigerator for an hour.
3. Roll the cookie dough into 35 balls and dip them into icing sugar.
4. Put them on a baking pan with baking paper. They will flatten during baking so they need a bit of space.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius.

2 comments:

  1. My kind of cookies Carina! I can't help but wonder...what will you do in 2014? Cakes last year, cookies this year..next? Something with books...drawing from your teaching experience? Looking forward to whatever you do! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, if only I knew, Jeanne. I've been thinking about bread, but books would be fun as well. Suggestions are very welcome:-)

    ReplyDelete