I'm (apparently) still on my mission to show you how beautiful Pinterest cookies look in the so-called real life! For the May cookies, I chose the beautiful cookies above. They were actually baked in May, but exams have kept me too busy to post before now. Anyway, this is how my version looked....
Here's the recipe if you'll like to try.
Orange cookies with Chai tea frosting
100 g softened butter
100 g sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla powder
1 pinch of salt
250 g flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
3-4 tablespoons milk
Juice from 1/2 an orange
200 g powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoons butter
1 Chai tea bag or tea egg with chai blend
+ pistachio nuts
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
2. Whisk butter, sugar, vanilla powder, and salt until creamy.
3. Add eggs one at a time
4. Mix together flour and baking powder, then mix into the batter. Next add milk and orange juice and mix until smooth.
5. Drop 1 tablespoon portions on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15-20 min, remove from oven and allow to cool.
For the chai glaze:
1. Melt the butter in a pan, then add the milk, and gently heat (simmer).
2. Steep tea in the liquid for 3-4 minutes. Then remove tea bag.
3. Mix in powder sugar until it becomes a spreadable glaze consistency. (I haven't quite mastered this yet!)
4. Sprinkle tops with pistachios.